Thursday, November 8, 2007

Work

I've been working quite a bit for berlitz lately. 12 hours yesterday, it kind of sucked but I made a couple hundred bucks so that's okay. I didn't know what to expect but I really like teaching. It's kind of like performing and I'm in my comfort zone now so I can walk in with some swagger and have fun and rock the joint. :)

Here's some pics from a company that I go to to teach. They manufacture and refurbish diesel engines for ships. The SMALLEST engine they work on weigh 150 tons and the biggest is over 2000 tons. That's 4,000,000 pounds can you imagine this?! The bore (diameter) of the pistons is nearly 2 meters and the stroke is over 20 feet. Insane.


1)Here's a valve. They're about 6 inches tall and about 5 centimeters across in a car engine.


2)Here's a connecting rod, normally about 10 inches or less.


3)Here's a small engine.


4)Here's a crankshaft. I don't know if this is from a big or small engine but these things are friggin unbelievable. Imagine how big the engine is if the crankshaft is this huge, it's insane. When the cranes move the engines it shakes the ground like an earthquake. I just get so geeked out over this stuff!

I'll be going down to Cologne again this weekend with friends to go to the party of the friend I stayed with last time I was there. Then on Sunday is the first day of carnivale which I've heard should be insane. I spoke with my guy from the clothes company we'll probably get together either at my friend's party or during carnivale and hang out and discuss more details of the job and payment etc... I'll keep you all posted.

2 comments:

Ryon said...

...absolutely, those are insane shots of you with those engine parts. I've got to print some of these off for Jerry. Do you have any other shots I can print off for Jerry? Thanks for the update, Matt.

adams.mattadams said...

No, that's it. I can send you the files so you can have them with full resolution.